Monday, February 15, 2010

Welcome


WELCOME: Pronunciation: \ˈwel-kəm\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): wel·comed; wel·com·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English welcumian, wylcumian, from wilcuma, noun
Date: before 12th century
1 : to greet hospitably and with courtesy or cordiality
2 : to accept with pleasure the occurrence or presence of
wel·com·er noun

Yep, here I go again. Just what I needed...or not.
Sometimes I read a word and I wonder...think... question...."Is that really a word"? ....I always look words up in the dictionary...either on-line or the by the old fashioned way, using an actual ink printed paper book .....so I decided to blog about weird little words I come across...not all will be modern day....in fact some will be from times past....didn't I just say that?....talk about déjà vu.......but they will be or will have been real words from one time or another....So pop in once in a while, occasionally, or when you have a few minutes to spare and read what I have read and discovered and passed on.....you never know what I might conjure up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a word or two if you wish to.